THE ASASE YAA CULTURAL ARTS FOUNDATION and YORK COLLEGE PRESENT A BENEFIT EVENT AND WORLD PREMIERE OF ITS NEW MUSICAL
SATURDAY, JULY 11 @ 7PM | TICKETS $30 – $50 | VIP STARTING AT $100
Rescheduled from March 21
MILTON G. BASSIN PERFORMING ARTS CENTER AT YORK COLLEGE
94 – 45 Guy R. Brewer Blvd. Jamaica, NY
Dreaming of 1975 is inspired by the widespread birth of thousands of children born in 1975 during the rise of African Spirituality throughout the Diaspora. The work also pays homage to seminal African artists and pioneers who were devoted to building families and strong communities. Later a cultural renaissance emerged in the US (the “Black Arts Movement”) when African American’s openly embraced African aesthetics, culture, art forms, fashion its music which was driven by several notable artists such as: Nana Yao Opare, Alice Dinizulu, Baba Olatunji, Pearl Primus, Katherine Dunham, Chief Bey, and Nina Simone, among others.
For info & tickets, visit yorkpac.com or call 718.262.2840
The Asase Yaa Cultural Arts Foundation is a Brooklyn-based nonprofit that is powered by our community.
We rely on the generous support of our donors to help us keep African Culture alive and pass it onto our youth for generations to come.
We invite you to help us expand our donor community by becoming a “Dreaming of 1975” VIP.
Your donation as a VIP will be used to support and fund the following:
- Asase Yaa School of the Arts core performing arts and educational curriculum
- Arts Outreach mobile program
- Asase Yaa Scholarship Fund
- Children’s Summer Arts Camp, June 29 – August 7
- School of the Arts Concert Finale, June 21
- Summer 2020 Foreign student exchange program with students from Dakar, Senegal
- The first annual Asase Yaa Gala Event, fall/winter 2020
- Includes premium seating, access to the VIP reception, gift bag, and 10% discount on Asase Yaa merchandise
- Includes premium seating, access to the VIP reception, gift bag, 15% discount on Asase Yaa merchandise, free pass to attend a Master Class
- Includes premium seating, access to the VIP reception, gift bag, on-stage sponsor acknowledgement, 20% discount on Asase Yaa merchandise, free pass to attend a Master Class, invitation to meet African American Dance Theater cast at rehearsals