An Asase Yaa Entertainment Production
Directed and choreographed by Yao Ababio
– featuring –
The Asase Yaa African American Dance Theater
Executive Produced by Kofi Osei Williams
SATURDAY, AUGUST 20 @ 7PM
TICKETS $30 – $50 | VIP STARTING AT $100
Tribeca Performing Arts Center 199 Chambers St, NYC
or call 212.220.1460
It Was All a Dream is a moving story and dance drama inspired by the enduring challenges, unrelenting hope, faith and optimism that has fueled the growth of Asase Yaa from its humble beginnings as a grass roots dance company to a sustainable multi-faceted foundation and cultural arts organization. It is designed to motivate and encourage young artists, families, and our larger community to always dream. And to realize with love, devotion and perseverance that it is possible to fulfill artistic and communal goals and dreams for the advancement of culture and community.
The musical is directed and choreographed by Yao Ababio, Founder and Artistic Director, and executive produced by Kofi Osei Williams, Executive Director. The 90-minute performance will showcase a cast of 30 dancers and drummers who take the audience through an electric and enlightening journey through indigenous African culture, dance, music, and songs that have influenced the evolution of Asase Yaa over the past twenty years.
“It is exciting and humbling to watch the passion, energy, and artistry of our Founder Yao Ababio and the way our team has continued to inspire greatness within our community over the past twenty years,” said Kofi Osei Williams. “We remain committed to the arts and our culture, and to present it at the highest level possible in everything we do as a thriving foundation. We are humbly indebted and thankful to our students, families, schools, alumni, businesses, and community members who have continually supported and welcomed us into their homes and hearts throughout our amazing journey over these past two decades.”
The Asase Yaa Cultural Arts Foundation is a Brooklyn-based nonprofit that is powered by our community.
We rely on the generous support of our donors to help us keep African Culture alive and pass it onto our youth for generations to come.
We invite you to help us expand our donor community by purchasing a VIP ticket.
- Includes access to the VIP reception and preferred seating.
- Includes premium seats, access to the VIP reception, preview at an open rehearsal, and an Asase Yaa supporter gift bag.
- For tickets, contact:
- Kofi Osei Williams, Executive Director
- Asase Yaa Cultural Arts Foundation
- [email protected]
- (646) 468 0710
To purchase your VIP package, use the links above or call 646-468-0710.
- Masks will be required to be worn in the theater at all times.
- Government ID and documentation of Covid vaccine will be required: CDC card, photo of card, Excelsior Pass (and Plus).
- If you received a Covid-19 vaccination internationally, before purchasing a ticket, email [email protected] and inform us no later than a week prior to the event, and wait for instructions back (via email). For those who are under 12, and those who do not qualify for the vaccination, you must provide proof of a negative Covid PCR test (not a rapid test) within 72 hours of the performance which needs to be uploaded to the Excelsior Plus Pass.
- If you are not feeling well on the day of the event, you will not be permitted into the theater. For more details, click here.