“Dance Like No One Is Watching,” is the Asase Yaa School of the Arts 8th Annual Dance Concert. The concert showcases a cast comprising all 96 students (ages 4-17) who attend our school. It will feature high-energy choreographed performance numbers inspired by African, Ballet, HipHop, Contemporary Jazz, Modern and Tap dance genres and music. Our amazing Youth Dance and Djembe Drum Ensembles will also be highlighted, including a special Father’s Day Tribute performed by our Youth Dance Ensemble. “Dancing Like No One Is Watching,” is created and presented by the Brooklyn-based Asase Yaa School of the Arts.
- Dreaming Of 1975 postponedMarch 14, 2020The Asase Yaa Cultural Arts Foundation and York College are postponing the March 21st premiere of it's new musical, “Dreaming Of 1975,” and benefit event, at Milton G. Bassin Performing Arts Center to stem the COVID-19 global pandemic outbreak. [Read More]
- Announcing “Dreaming of 1975”February 24, 2020
- Children’s Summer Camp Registration is openFebruary 21, 2020Asase Yaa Children’s Art Camp is a summer performing arts program dedicated to teaching young artists many aspects of the arts including dance, music, singing, and drama. [Read More]
- OUR ASASE YAA SCHOOL OF THE ARTS OPENS SEPTEMBER 14THAugust 20, 2019Click this post to learn more and register online. [Read More]
- Asase Yaa launches “Artists: Teaching as Creative Educators,” Arts Outreach four-day workshop series July 9-12 at Arts EnyJune 10, 2019Announcing our first ever Arts Outreach Professional Development for Artists Workshop series. [Read More]
- Expanded Children’s Summer Arts Camp + Open HouseMarch 13, 2019We’re extremely grateful and feel a debt and gratitude to all our constituents and the amazing community support we’ve been given over the past 18 years. [Read More]