“Dance Like No One Is Watching,” is the Asase Yaa School of the Arts 8th Annual Dance Concert. The concert showcases a cast comprising all 96 students (ages 4-17) who attend our school. It will feature high-energy choreographed performance numbers inspired by African, Ballet, HipHop, Contemporary Jazz, Modern and Tap dance genres and music. Our amazing Youth Dance and Djembe Drum Ensembles will also be highlighted, including a special Father’s Day Tribute performed by our Youth Dance Ensemble. “Dancing Like No One Is Watching,” is created and presented by the Brooklyn-based Asase Yaa School of the Arts.
- Expanded Children’s Summer Arts Camp + Open HouseMarch 13, 2019We’re extremely grateful and feel a debt and gratitude to all our constituents and the amazing community support we’ve been given over the past 18 years. [Read More]
- Drum Love ReviewedFebruary 13, 2019Brooklyn-based dance company raises the roof, spirits and funds through exuberant African dancing and intoxicating drum rhythms. - Sheila Kogan, Theaterscene.net [Read More]
- Black History Month EventsFebruary 13, 2019Asase Yaa Cultural Arts Foundation will be contributing to several major Black History Month Celebrations throughout the Tri-State area this month. [Read More]
- Asase Yaa “Drum Love” VIP Packages For Saturday, Feb. 2 At Symphony SpaceJanuary 30, 2019Asase Yaa is powered by our community. As a nonprofit, we rely on the generous support of our donors to help us keep African culture alive. [Read More]
- Special performance of original production DRUM LOVEJanuary 4, 2019Asase Yaa will kick off 2019 with a special performance of our original production DRUM LOVE on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at Symphony Space in Manhattan. [Read More]
- Asase Yaa contributes to Alvin Ailey’s 60th Annual Holiday CelebrationDecember 21, 2018We’re ecstatic and very excited to have contributed to the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater’s 60th Anniversary annual holiday performance run at the City Center, (November 28 – December 30). [Read More]